New Pilot Schedule for the Permit Center
Begins July 18, 2022
Beginning July 18, 2022, we will launch a new pilot
schedule with modified hours for the Permit Center
located at 200 Old Bernal Avenue. In-person services
at the Permit Center will now be available between
9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Although in-person service hours will be reduced,
Permit Center staff will still be available from
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays to answer phone
calls, provide information and schedule appointments.
New Permit Center Hours
Beginning July 18, 2022
Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Permit Center Telephone
Inquiries (925) 931-5630
Monday to Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Planning Division is primarily responsible for the following:
- Advance Planning: Assisting the Planning Commission and the City Council with planning for the city's future development
- Current Planning: Reviewing proposed development projects for conformance with the city's adopted policies and ordinances
- Responsible for preparing the City’s General Plan, the “blueprint” for the long range development and conservation of the City
- Preparing specific plans that provide a framework for development in focused areas of the city
- Preparing development standards and guidelines that address specific issues and areas
- Serves as the point of entry for development proposals and provides assistance to architects, designers, developers, builders, and residents navigating the development process
- Processing of new development applications including the review of preliminary plans, holding hearings for the public’s review and comment on the proposals
- Overseeing the implementation of the development to ensure that it is constructed in accordance with all city requirements
For information about new development undergoing review or how to make improvements to a property (house additions, new fences, pools, etc.), contact us