On behalf of the City of Pleasanton, our hearts go out to those impacted by the North Bay fires. As a community, we recognize there are many Pleasanton residents who wish to do their part to aid in the relief effort for our neighbors to the north. The City of Pleasanton is doing its part to aid help, and has recently dispatched Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department and Pleasanton Police Department personnel to aid in the fire suppression and recovery efforts in the Napa Valley area.
Many municipal agencies located in the impacted areas have reached their capacity for tangible donations and have requested financial donations as a way to support both the short- and long-term recovery efforts. Below are some verified agencies accepting donations to aid the relief effort.
• United Way | Wine Country--https://www.unitedwaywinecountry.org
• Napa Valley Community Foundation--http://www.napavalleycf.org/supporting-napa-county-fire-relief-efforts
• Sonoma County Resilience Fund--http://www.sonomacf.org/sonoma-county-resilience-fund/
• North Bay Fire Relief | Redwood Credit Union--https://www.redwoodcu.org/northbayfirerelief
For those looking to dedicate their time to assist in the recovery efforts, here are some agencies currently looking for volunteers.
• Volunteer Network | Ukiah, California--https://www.ncoinc.org/programs/volunteer-network/
• Petaluma People--http://petalumapeople.org/contact/
• American Red Cross - 707-577-7600
• VolunteerNow Sonoma County - 707-573-3399
We are proud to have such a caring and compassionate community of individuals and appreciate all that you can do to help those in need.